Tax relief on your CILIP subscription

If you are a UK taxpayer, you can claim the tax back on your CILIP subscription by completing the tax relief form and sending it to PAYE and Self Assessment, HMRC, BX9 1AS.

How to claim

Complete the form below and return to your tax office.

Subscription details

If you require details of your subscription payments, please email


You cannot claim tax back if you live outside the UK or are on the unwaged, student or retired subscription rate.

More details

If you receive a tax form each year, then you should declare your CILIP subscription as a tax-deductible expense.

If you don't then you can use the form below to make your claim. CILIP is listed on the Inland Revenue's List 3, which shows all subscriptions on which tax can be reclaimed.

You will find CILIP listed under: "Library and Information Professionals, Chartered Inst of" ** Change of name 4/2002 formerly the Library Association.