CILIP is committed to protecting your privacy online. Our policy explains how we will do this.
What information do we collect?
- Registration: on some parts of the site we ask you to register, and if you do we ask for your name and email address.
- Members: CILIP members are asked for name, email address, membership number, postcode, date of birth and country of residence when registering.
- We collect email addresses and other information in forms.
How do we use your information?
The information you submit will be kept confidential and CILIP will make its best effort to ensure its security on our systems. The information will be processed by CILIP, or on its behalf, in accordance with the provisions of current data protection legislation.
Any personal information provided by you to CILIP through your registration on this website will only be used for the following purposes:
- Updating and enhancing membership records and those of other related CILIP activities.
- Defining areas of interest to you, improving the website to meet users' habits and requirements and compiling information relating to users' movements across the website.
- Advising you of products and services which may be of interest.
By proceeding to register with the website you are consenting to the processing of your personal data for the purposes and by the means set out above.
Our website uses a number of forms to allow visitors to request information, products, or services. In these forms we collect visitor contact information (such as email addresses) and sometimes other information (such as areas of interest). Where required, CILIP membership numbers are collected from website visitors to verify the user's identity, and are compared with data kept in our membership database.
You will be given the opportunity to opt out of receiving information about CILIP products. If you do not wish to receive such information please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org giving your name, email address, postcode, date of birth, country of residence and CILIP membership number (if applicable).
When do we share information?
CILIP will not make this information available to outside organisations, unless such disclosure is required by law.
Access to your personal information
You may request a copy of the personal information CILIP holds about you and have any inaccuracies corrected by contacting: email@example.com your name, email address, postcode, date of birth, country of residence and CILIP membership number (if applicable).